Pages

Thursday, October 6, 2011

The Great Pumpkin

As we continue head first into Autumn (it finally rained in LA!), I have noticed my love for pumpkins steadily increasing. I always loved my childhood trips to the pumpkin patch, but I don't think I realized the true magic of the pumpkin until recently. Not only is it the most beautiful color, it is also delicious, healthy for the skin, and perfect for craft projects. What more could you wish for? Pumpkin suppliers prepare yourself!

1. Wear


2. Exfoliate
3. Accessorize 
4. Eat
5. Decorate
6. Sip
Sources:

*Bonus: Pumpkin Cookies. Healthy enough to eat for breakfast (at least I did)! I don't have a pretty picture, but they are quite delicious. 

Here's the recipe I adapted from here:
  • 2 cups almond meal
  • 1 cup Pumpkin Puree (unsweetened)
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
  • 4 teaspoons cinnamon
  • 1 teaspoon nutmeg
  • 2 teaspoons Truvia (or sweeten to taste with sugar substitute)
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lay parchment paper on baking tray. Mix wet ingredients together (egg, pumpkin, vanilla) and fold in dry ingredients. Mix until nice, thick consistency. Spoon out quarter size dollops and bake for 15-18 minutes. Check often with toothpick in the center. If no dough comes up on toothpick, they are done. Don't overdo them! They can get tough. They should be soft and moist.





1 comment:

  1. Yay for pumpkins! I was inspired to wear an orange tshirt yesterday; love your pumpkin cookie recipe and want to make those! am going to share this with everybody I know!

    ReplyDelete