Pages

Thursday, October 27, 2011

Why Journal?


The first entry in my crafter's devotional involves the importance of journaling. Why Journal? It's not about a perfect piece of writing or expression of thought, it's about capturing the visions and ideas running wild in your mind. It is about self expression and practicing creativity. Journaling does not need to entail the use of a pen, paper, and words. It can be photographs, collages, fabric, whatever medium sets your mind free. My journal is an extension of myself. It's personal, full of dreams and honesty. A visual record of who I am and who I hope to be. I hope one day my children or grandchildren read my journals and understand me from a whole new perspective.


Sometimes the busyness of life makes journaling seem impossible, but it is an important first step in the creative process. At a conference I attended this past weekend, one woman spoke of a 30 day writing challenge. I'm thinking a 30 day journaling challenge. Freeing my mind through any artistic expression every day for 30 days. Anyone with me?

1 comment:

  1. Absolutely! something I have been doing for years; have dropped the ball every so often, but always pick it back up and I love that you are doing this, too!

    ReplyDelete