Pages

Monday, October 31, 2011

I Do Believe In Fairies

Happy Halloween!

I'll admit Halloween is not usually my favorite holiday-- I can never decide what to be -- but this year I loved dressing up as a fairy. It's one of those no-brainer ideas that you fight against because it's not very original, but you agree to because you'd have it no other way. Fairies are the loveliest creatures and I've been fascinated by them since I can remember. This is the closest I'll ever come to actually being one. If only my wings had a little flying magic...
All inspiration goes to Cicely Mark Barker and her Autumn fairies.



I'll leave you with a little fairy-esque DIY.
Dried Flower Treasure Boxes, perfect for organizing:



Materials:

  • plastic boxes (mine are from the 99 cent store)
  • Mod Podge or Clear drying glue
  • tissue paper
  • dried flowers
  • misc materials to decorate with (buttons, pretty paper, lace, etc)
  • scissors (not pictured)

1. Glue or Mod Podge your tissue paper over the lid. Be careful not to use to much because the paper may rip.



2. Trim excess tissue paper.

3. Arrange flowers and other decorations to your liking. You may want to let the Mod Podge or glue from your last layer dry first before going to the next step.



4. Glue down the bigger pieces and spread Mod Podge over the whole thing. Done!


1 comment:

  1. You make a beautiful autumn fairy! Love your decorative boxes; what lovely gifts or items to sell in your boutique!

    ReplyDelete