Pages

Monday, September 24, 2012

Everything's Peachy

Over the past year and a half, my life has been filled with transitions. School to unemployment to full time work. Relationships forming and breaking down. Happy to dejected to hopeful to lonely to busy to fulfilled. There's no end to the changes and the ways we must adapt. Right now, I'm absorbing the art, music, and friendships. The sunny days, delicious food, and steady paychecks. So much to feel blessed by. It doesn't mean that everything is perfect, as easy as that is to say. It means I have more to share.

Do you ever look around and feel shocked by way we spend our time? On our computers or our phones and filling our minds and hands with luxuries. Let's be more than consumers. Sometimes I forget how privileged I am to be able to put on a bright pink dress and heels and play around in front of a camera. It's so silly, but it's a little joy. Yet, shouldn't we be investing our extra time in more changes, outside of just our selves? Helping others with their transitions? It's easy to forget about community when living in a city. Passing by an endless stream of faceless people. Lately, I've been struck by the beauty in every person. Competition is a common theme in this city, but I hope little by little we can redefine community. Even if everything is peachy for me or you, it's not for every person. As cheesy as it sounds, we all have the power to make a change, though it might start as a tiny ripple.













































Dress: Free People
Shoes: Shoedazzle
Earrings: Christi Jay

<3 Taylor

*Photo credit to my beautiful friend, Brittan.

1 comment:

  1. Not sure how you can walk in those shoes! what a gorgeous daughter I have! and so insightful and wise beyond her years! Love you, sweetie!

    ReplyDelete