Pages

Saturday, December 31, 2011

Ringing in 2012

Happiest of New Years! I hope you all have a wonderful night of celebration and ringing in this beautiful new year. I love new beginnings and transitions. It brings a sense of adventure and keeps life from becoming old and routine. One of my resolutions for 2012 is to complete one craft project a week. It is important never to be too busy to spend time on the things you love the most! What are some of your resolutions?

I thought I'd share a quick DIY that I completed this past as the first project of my new resolution!

DIY Salt 'N Pepper:






 Materials:

  • 2 Mini jars with lid (found at Joanne's)
  • Drill with 1/8" glass drill bit
  • Twine
  • Pretty paper
  • Stamps and ink
  • Buttons or other decorations
  • Laminator or clear gloss paint
  • Big eye needle
  • Super Glue

1. Determine how many holes you want and make a tiny dot with a sharpie to position them.
2. Grab your drill and carefully start drilling the holes. You should use some water as a lubricant and take breaks to keep tabs on your progress through the glass. For slightly smaller holes, stop drilling as soon as the drill breaks through the other side. It's a long process, so be patient.
















3. Clean out the jars to remove any excess glass.
4. Cut out tags from the paper and stamp "salt" on one, and "pepper" on the other.




















5. Laminate or paint with a clear coat to seal the tags.
6. String the twine on a needle and pull through the tag.
7. Tie the twine around the jar and make a bow.
8. Super glue the knot and a button on top for extra cuteness.




2 comments:

  1. I recognize these ;) they look wonderful on our kitchen table.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great,Taylor! it was hard work but an act of love that you did creating these; I see that Whitney did get them, so that is good news! and I hope you are inspiring others too!

    ReplyDelete