Pages

Monday, November 7, 2011

DIY Wall Art


coloring page from Flower Fairies Alphabet Coloring Book
Let's think back to Kindergarten for a moment... didn't you love coloring? Whether or not you drew inside the lines is another story, I know, but with each crayon color you made, that picture came to life. I think it's kind of magical and a total ego booster for those of us with limited drawing abilities. I never could draw those figures in the coloring books, but somehow when I'm done adding color, it becomes my own perfect piece of art. So that is why I'm here to reopen your eyes to the world of crayon coloring. Pick some cute pages from a forlorn coloring book, copy a page or two, and color them in. Realistic, abstract, only your favorite colors... whatever your heart desires! Then give them a home in a thrift store frame or an empty one collecting dust in your closet. Instant wall art and you even relived a piece of your childhood in the process. Add a Disney movie and the experience is complete. I'll admit I watched Tangled.


If you are are looking for an even simpler idea, give new life to those old postcards. Frame them up and display. Perfect, inexpensive art! I have quite a few decorating my walls right now.

Have a wonderful week and drink something warm and autumn-y!

6 comments:

  1. So adorable! Great ideas and drinking something warm and autumn-y sounds delightful! Thanks for brightening my day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooh, SO cute!! I love framing old vintage postcards around our home, it's so pretty & budget friendly. Also, I absolutely love that you framed that colouring page, so pretty! Hope you're enjoying a fabulous weekend, girly. xo veronika

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much! I hope you enjoyed your weekend too! Your blog is adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there! I ran into your blog throuh Brittan's blog and her Breakfast Links. You have a very cute blog going on here! I just wanted to say, that I have some post card art hanging in my hall way that I bought at an art museum in Germany (I wasn't going to pay that ridiculous price for a painting; plus it's small size!). Just wanted to share that. :) Now I'm going to add your blog to my reading list :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much Jasmine! Your kind words made me smile. I'm glad people are enjoying this blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your welcome. I come in peace and speak the truth, lol! :D

    ReplyDelete