Do you ever have that hour, that day, that weekend you need a little help figuring out what to do? I'm constantly taking note of activities I want to try later, but when later comes, suddenly all those ideas fly out of my mind. Anyone else have this problem? Or is it just me? Well, I hope you can relate, so you can be as excited about this DIY as I am!
- Paint (craft paint or spray paint)
- Paint brush
- Popsicle sticks
- Pen (not pictured)
- Scissors (not pictured)
- Ideas and creativity**
1. Pick your idea categories and color coordinate. I chose red (costly/24 hour+ activity), purple (arts&culture), green (outdoor activity), yellow (inexpensive/no planning needed), and blue (food&drink).
2. Paint those popsicle sticks! It might help to make a list of your ideas first so you know how many of each color you need... or improvise!
3. Pick a fabric to wrap your jar in and cut it down to fit your jar. I folded the edges, wrapped the fabric around the jar, and tied the twine around it. If you want it to be more solid, you could put a few stitches around the edges and/or at the back. If your jar has a label, you might want to take it off. I just covered it to save time.
4. Write down all your creative ideas on the popsicle sticks and stick them in the jar.
Last is the best part: go find (or make) some free time in your schedule and see what activity you pull out of that jar first!